Labor Doula Certification Training
Doula Training Information
- Contact me and let me know you’d like to begin the registration process.
- I well send you a Doula registration packet which includes a Registration form and a Terms and Policies form. Your registration is not complete without these two forms returned and signed to me.
- In your registration packet, there will be a Payment Options form so that you can pay for your training. The final step of your registration is to pay for your training.
- You will hear back from me within two business days to confirm your registration and welcome you to the training, along with all you need to know for the day-of.
It takes two years to complete the course once you enroll. Below is a list of classes and other tasks that must be completed for CAPPA certification*.
- Become a member of CAPPA.
- Enroll in the Labor Doula Traditional Course in CAPPA Academy.
- Attend a CAPPA Labor Doula training class.
- Read the CAPPA Labor Doula training manual and the required books from the CAPPA required reading list.
- Complete Part One of the HUG Your Baby Training.
- Order, read, and complete all online content, including videos, from the Understanding Breastfeeding Book and the Understanding Birth Book available in the CAPPA shop. Details/forms are provided within CAPPA Academy.
- Attend a minimum of three labors/births as a doula. You’ll be required to obtain evaluations from parents and healthcare providers. Details/forms are provided within CAPPA Academy.
- Create a resource list with information on local support for parents. A guide for creating this list is included within CAPPA Academy.
- Pass the multiple choice exam and essays in CAPPA Academy. An 85% passing grade is required.
*CAPPA certification** candidates must be at least 18 years of age. No person under 18 years of age may attend CAPPA training classes.
**In order for candidates to be eligible for CAPPA certification they must sign and agree to the following forms: Code of Conduct and Social Media Policy, Grievance Policy, Mission Statement, CAPPA Approach/Philosophy Statement, Vision Statement, and Scope of Practice.
***Late Registration begins one week before the first day of the workshop
Please view all of CAPPA’s Policies and Procedures.
- For Early Bird – please register 2 months before the first day of the workshop
- Regular Registration: $600.00
- Late registration***: $700
Registration includes workshop manual and all materials needed. Partial scholarships available for midwifery students or military dependents. Apply for a payment plan at www.paypalcredit.com.
Upcoming Labor Doula Trainings
Special offer*: $50 off if you get one friend to register with you. $100 off if you get two friends to register with you. (*Must be indicated on registration form to apply).
- Saturday & Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Catered lunch is included on Sunday*
- Location details will be given at registration confirmation
- Cost: $500
*If the location permits
Workshop Registration Includes:
- Workshop manual
- All materials needed
- Partial scholarships available for midwifery students or military dependents. Apply for a payment plan at www.paypalcredit.com.
Discounts and Offers:
See the CAPPA website for special discounts and offers on tuition.