BIRTH WITH EASE – Hypnosis for Labor & Birth
Combining positive imagery, hypnosis, affirmations, and relaxed breathing, you’ll learn how to eliminate the fear, tension, and pain of labor, replacing them with confidence, calm, and comfort. Several class options are available to you:
- An 8-week series is held on Wednesday evenings at Bethesda North Hospital. Class begins at 6:45 p.m. and ends at 9:15 p.m. To register, call 513-475-4500 or visit their web site at www.trihealth.com. Five series per year are offered.
- This program is also offered bi-monthly in a one-day intensive format for families unable to attend a full series. It is held on a Sunday at your choice of Bethesda North Hospital or Mercy Anderson Hospital. Class begins at 9:00 a.m. and lasts between six and seven hours. To register for Bethesda click here. To register for Mercy Anderson click here. Five classes per year are offered.
The Hypnobirthing Advantage
- Eliminates, or greatly reduces, the need for pain medications/anesthesia during labor
- Statistically shortens both the labor and pushing stages of birth
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion
- Encourages emotional healing from prior negative/traumatic childbirth experience(s)
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful, and empowering experience nature intended
You will Learn
- How to use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm and joyful
- How your body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony to birth your baby with ease
- How to create your body’s own natural relaxant
- How women in other cultures birth almost entirely free of pain and how to free yourself of this prior programming that suffering must accompany labor!
Why We’re Special
Rather than following a “method” of childbirth, our classes incorporate a wide variety of philosophies centered around the unwavering belief that women can give birth comfortably, confidently, and without fear. Hypnosis is our number one tool, in a toolbox full of effective comfort strategies.
- We show you how to connect you with your body and baby, rather than overwhelming you with “techniques” that can cause you to lose sight of the beautiful process of connecting prenatally with your baby.
- We offer the most comprehensive syllabus available in the city.
- Prior to even attending your first class you’ll be provided with a hypnosis download, allowing you to start practicing deep relaxation skills, and begin enjoying a deeper connection with your unborn baby.
- You’ll receive a wide variety of resources from birthing hypnosis experts from around the world to use throughout your pregnancy and labor.
- Numerous speakers with a wide variety of expertise visit our classes throughout the series, speaking on topics such as breastfeeding, doulas, their birth experience, infant massage, and tummy time.